Thank you!

Thank you for stopping by!!!!

Saturday, March 8, 2014

30/30 Sewing Challenge Week 1- Share What You've Done

 30/30 Sew For Me Challenge

Sarah from Berry Barn Designs as put up this 3o minutes a day for 30 days challenge!  Here is what I've done!

Berry Barn Designs



 

For this weeks challenge I chose my fabric, 
which most of you saw.  It's a  red/black 
checkered cotton fabric.  I decided I was going to make
 the black top  (view A) on the 
pattern envelope of New Look 6079.









I then pulled out all the cut pattern pieces out from the envelope and gave them a quick pressing to remove any winkles.
Pinned the pattern pieces to the fabric and cut them out (no photo available).  I forgot!








Next I sewed the darts on the front and back.
       Sewed the shoulders and side seams.  
                                       Then I checked the fit.





I placed some interfacing to the collar piece 
and along the front where I will be 
placing buttons to give it body, shape, 
and support!






I then pinned the sleeves to the garment and sewed them on







Made the button holes and attached the buttons.  
Sewed the hems on the sleeves and edge.
Here's my completed garment!  



I was so amazed that in 7 days I was able to finish a cute top by sewing for 30 minutes.  I am so happy!  I can't wait for my next project!


11 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Excellent job. What a cute top!

Unknown said...

Great top. I have been trying to sew 30 minutes a day and you can get a lot done.

inchworming said...

Thanks Billie and Annie! I was actually surprised I finished a top in a week! I'm thankful for the challenge!

CeLynn said...

Your new top is so sweet! Sewing clothes is scary to me,but I do want to give it a try this summer...

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

Cute! You make it sound so easy, Nina - I'm sitting here tonight using my 30 minutes to open up and review the apron pattern I have planned - and scratching my head : P Great work getting that done this week!

sherry said...

oh that is a cute top...you make sewing clothes look easy

DelliaG said...

This top is lovely. I adore the color.

Béa said...

Wow, i'm impressed!

Mary R. said...

Your new top looks great! I really like the buttons you chose, they go well with the fabric, but don't just disappear into it.

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic! The idea of sewing clothing is so intimidating to me, but you made it sound a bit easy :D

inchworming said...

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all your comments!!!