Thank you!

Thank you for stopping by!!!!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Dresses for Mila!

Just recently I had the pleasure of attending
 a baby shower!  The young lady is adopting 
a two year old orphan from Uganda, Mila!
That is so amazing!

I whipped up a few simple dresses 
for Mila.  Using the #pillow case
 pattern for the first two dresses,
 this is what I sewed!




I just measured the front side of 
dress from seam to seam and cut 
 a piece of lace with the 
measurement I just took.  I  
sewed the top of lace in place!


Here I  cut (2) pieces of lace measuring 7" 
long.  Then I cut (1) 7-1/2" long 
piece of dress fabric and pressed 
down all the edges. Next,  sew
 this piece down the center!  Remember
 to start sewing below the top seam or 
you won't be able to get the 
ribbon through the seam!!


Here I used a pattern, but the pattern was
 so bad.  I ended up making by own pattern! 




Here she is wearing one of her dresses!


So Cute!!








He Has Made Everything Beautiful In Its Time.  
Ecclesiastes 3:11  





2 comments:

Cailin @ Mommy Dove said...

You are such a talent - I cannot believe these used to be pillowcases! Absolutely fantastic. I really adore the pinafore. (That was too cute and totally unintentional, the rhyming.)

Katie said...

Those are so sweet! and would be so great for spring and summertime! Stopping by from our Blogging it Forward group.