Thank you!

Thank you for stopping by!!!!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Make A Ruffled Onesie and Headband-#DIY


I made a cute little onesie and 
matching headband.


I purchased the onesie at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon.




I pulled out some lace I already had.  You can measure 
around the neck line or the area you want to add ruffles
 and double that number to determine how much lace 
you'll need.  If you have lace already ruffled, 
 cut according to your measurement plus 1"
 for tucking under the edges.





Then I basted the lace, in the center, with my
 sewing machine and pulled the thread to gathered the lace.




I pinned the lace around the edge of the neck line
 (not shown) and tucked the ends.  Then I sewed
the lace, onto the onesie, on the basting line. 
Next, I placed the next row underneath the
 first row of lace.  Repeat one more time. 
Only this time make the third row shorter 
and turn under the edges and stitch in place.  
Don't forget to remove any basting threads. 





I happened to have these small yellow flowers, 
so I tacked one of them on to the onesie.




The yellow headband was purchased.   I used this 
black flower and tacked it down with my 
sewing machine.  First, I trim any excess 
tulle around the black flower.  Then I tacked 
on the small yellow flower.



Here's the completed set.  So simply!!  
You can #DIY 
too!



All for my new grandbaby, Autumn Christine Joy!!
Weighted in at 9 pounds and measured 22 inches.


So beautiful and precious!  Our new bundle of joy!!!



"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were 
born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Jeremiah 1:5









No comments: