Thank you!

Thank you for stopping by!!!!

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Fourth Of July Pledge Allegiance #Quilt

I just love my "I Pledge Allegiance 
to the flag," #quilt!



Happy Fourth of July!!!  Here's 
another simple quilt for you 
to make.  I have no pattern but
 if you own an embroidery machine,
 you can literally make this 
quilt in one or two days.  
Really, it's that simple.




Before you embroidery you need
 to set up your machine
and program the words into 
your machine.  Figure out
what font you'd like to use.


Decide the size you'd like
 your center piece to be. 
My finished  piece is 
13" x 11" once sewn.  






Then I looked through my stash 
and picked these two fabrics for
my borders and backing.











I used some decorative stitches from 
my machine. You know the ones
we tend to never use.  I did two rows 
of stars above and below the
words.  Then I sewed individual 
stars randomly on the quilt top.  
Added some yellow stars.

Put it all together and here you go!



I was thinking about tea dying
 my quilt to make it feel old.
What do you all think?





 Psalm 91:2

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and
my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.





1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Reading some of your older blog posts. This pledge allegiance quilt turned out wonderfully too. I like how your letters stand alone. My machine ties them all together (or did you cut them?). I would love to be able to make something like this.